Swab Barcelona, the International Contemporary Art Fair will take place between 26 and 29 May. For this new edition, Swab will count on the participation of 50 galleries from 13 countries and will move to a new location, Pabellón 2 of Fira Barcelona.
Swab is proud to confirm the continuity of MANGO as an official sponsor and a new collaboration with Volkswagen as the official car and Acontraluz and Cornelia And Co. as official restaurants.
One of the great innovations of this fourth edition is the expected program of activities: SwabOFF. These new artistic initiatives will take place in different areas of the city of Barcelona with the aim to bring new artistic initiatives to the visitors of Swab and the citizens of Barcelona.
Some of these activities are:
- SWAB STAIRS in collaboration with KOGNITIF: Students of the following design Schools: IED, IDEP, Pau Gargallo and La Llotja will customize the stairs of 4 metro stations in the center of Barcelona with some vinyl that they designed. These vinyls will be present on the steps from 19 to 29 May.
- CIUTAT NOVA in collaboration with KOGNITIF: The reflection of children as to how they would like to see the city of the future that will be represented in a dividing wall in the city center.
- CIUTAT BELLA in collaboration with KOGNITIF: A reflection of the transformation of the city through an exhibition distributed over 7 surfaces in the public space.
- International seminars and symposium in the CCCB in collaboration with KOGNITIF and Lab’Bel: Professional workshop and conferences.
- Artistic interventions in the public space: There will be several artistic interventions carried out in several public spaces in the city, with the participation of: Hanno Milesi, Jan Vormann and Boris Hoppek.
- Interventions in the public space by Walking Gallery: a collaboration with this new collective in Barcelona that presents its works in the street, promoting in this way the work of artists that do not exhibit their works in museums, institutions or art galleries.
Very soon we will reveal new activites and proposals for Swab2011.